Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Provoked

Oh Yes I was.....Big Time......
And I had a very good reason for it...I wonder why he did wat he did- that is stare unabashedly at my twin assets...The bloke had come for a interview with Microsoft....For a minute I thought I was mistaken.....But of course I realized the guy was upto no good....
The interview lasted for exactly 7 mins- my shortest yet.
I got a vicious pleasure writing the Regret e-mail- sugarcoating it appropriately - telling him how we don't have a place for him.I wish I could have told him - "we need people with stronger moral fibre dude".

A passing thought came to my mind- what would have the situation been had I been interviewed by him- well I guess i would have had more freedom to slap him.

I take pride in the fact that I am a woman- Independent, Smart and Brave-I don't need a man to protect me, buy me diamonds or a house or a car- I can do that myself.
I need a man to be friends with me, to be a soulmate , to be a companion...nothing more- nothing less.I can be your Best Friend- and your Worst Enemy too-And I am a prototype -of everyone of my type...
The smile on my face is not a sign of weakness-its our strength....

Don't even try to tamper with my dignity- the last time a person tried that- a colleague- he was out of his job in less than two hours......
And that is just a mild repurcussion.......

2 comments:

Shreyasi Deb said...

I can't agree with you more. I think all of us have gone through similar situations at home, at work, wherever....whether expressed unabashedly or dirtily circumvented by lechers, 'smarties'and what not and they come in all shapes, packages,background, eligibility and I think that makes it worse.
I am not an old world feminist (the definition has evolved over time) but I read them for their incisive story.
Here, you are a spokesperson for the woman tribe,that's us, thank you!

Moushumi said...

Thanks shreya...yes its true....sometimes women get quieter and quieter - and that is the problem...there is no reason why we need to be quiet