Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Parrot and Love

You have to have an operation,the doctor told me. I was scared . Operations do sound scary. I called up Neha-the worry in her voice was real. She and Mithu, they were there for me-all the time. They spent the night uncomfortably on a small bed in the cabin I was allotted to. I decided not to go for the operation after all. Medicines suit me fine. And of course the love of my friends-the ultimate healer.
Neha-short , cute, plump and softspoken our "ludhku", Mithu -tall, slim, pretty and very active. We have a tacit understanding between us to agree to agree. Petty disagreements have no place amongst us. We have our own dreams and wish lists-the chopper which we will buy, the house and the home theatre system.We have our unplanned sundays, when we wake up late, cook together and then do some last minute planning for movies by pinching the neighbour's newspaper and looking up the movie menu card.Far away from home, we have built a extended family , cementing out bonds with care, love and respect for each other.
Going back home, cooking together and watching jassi together, and cribbing about our respective bosses-Can one ask for more???

No comments: